Good Grief

Just when I thought I was safe.

Just when I was going to buckle down and finish Hope’s quilt.

I had to go and watch this.

(here)

Man!

Well fortunately I’m just an evening quilter so once I get the back done and sandwiched I’ll be able to get back out to the jewelry studio.

Too much to do and not enough time.

Better get started …

 

Now …

The top is done eth …

DSCN9204

DSCN9206

And I included her (secret) name.

DSCN9207

Because it’s always fun to find something hidden.

DSCN9212

Especially if you’re five years old 🙂

And so today.

Make the back.

Sandwich the batting.

Find some thick orange thread.

And quilt away.

This is today.

I finished sewing the flowers on the quilt last week, but then I just had to have a jewelry moment.

Also, a housecleaning moment!

Who knew that would happen. Have to take advantage of that when I can.

I changed my studio rooms around a couple of weeks ago, and am really enjoying not being so cramped.

IMG_1932

Of course, I’ve still managed to fill every square inch of space.

IMG_1933

I do try, every so often, to clean up a bit though.

See.

IMG_1935

I found some old clay pieces.

IMG_1917

I particularly like this out of shape, cellulite-y, lumpy woman.

IMG_1918

Makes me feel normal.

And I leave you today with

True Love.

IMG_1929

🙂

P.S. Off to tackle the quilt border this afternoon.

Happy Wednesday.

 

The top is done eth …

Well it’s all in place except for one or two final touches which I will do later.

Also it’s without its border, but, apart from that, the top is definitely, almost, just has to be sewn together, done eth.

Be sure to shield your eyes.

IMG_1906

It’s blinding!

IMG_1907

So, with sunglasses on, I peeled all the paper from the back of the Wonder Under and ironed the pieces in place. I then also pinned the ironed pieces to the backing fabric as I’ve found from previous experience that the Wonder Under isn’t that stickable under heavy use.

Usually I’m making blocks, one at a time, and the Wonder Under is fine, but I know that this quilt is all over the place with no particular rhyme nor reason, so I decided to pin the pieces also as a double back up plan. As and when I get around to sew each flower, I’ll take the pins out and re iron . Once that particular flower is completed I’ll move on to the next one.

Or so the plan goes.

I quickly remembered (once I began to sew) that I’d forgotten how painful those tiny white headed pins can be when you try to maneuver the fabric through the sewing machine, so, amidst pain and blood, I had to have a quick rethink.

I decided to baste the flowers to the backing fabric and remove all those pesky pins.

Now I’m ready to begin to sew.

Tomorrow …