Well it’s all in place except for one or two final touches which I will do later.
Also it’s without its border, but, apart from that, the top is definitely, almost, just has to be sewn together, done eth.
Be sure to shield your eyes.
So, with sunglasses on, I peeled all the paper from the back of the Wonder Under and ironed the pieces in place. I then also pinned the ironed pieces to the backing fabric as I’ve found from previous experience that the Wonder Under isn’t that stickable under heavy use.
Usually I’m making blocks, one at a time, and the Wonder Under is fine, but I know that this quilt is all over the place with no particular rhyme nor reason, so I decided to pin the pieces also as a double back up plan. As and when I get around to sew each flower, I’ll take the pins out and re iron . Once that particular flower is completed I’ll move on to the next one.
Or so the plan goes.
I quickly remembered (once I began to sew) that I’d forgotten how painful those tiny white headed pins can be when you try to maneuver the fabric through the sewing machine, so, amidst pain and blood, I had to have a quick rethink.
I decided to baste the flowers to the backing fabric and remove all those pesky pins.
Now I’m ready to begin to sew.